Friday, December 31, 2010

It's back again..........

The flu bug is back again.  Different symptoms than the ones we had last month, but once again, a holiday where we'll truly be relaxing and hanging out at home.  It's the kind of bad feeling that makes a grown adult want their mama.  Just to be there.

Now sick parents don't necessarily get the rest that they crave, because the house and kids won't take care of themselves.............or will they?  My kids are old enough to fix their own lunches, pick up their own things and fold laundry.  Mine are still able to do that, and then like their mother, rest between chores (except my son, who despite a sore throat, desperately wants to go somewhere today).  I had planned to go out shopping for New Years treats for tonight, however, since I'd rather snuggle in a blanket and nap, and my husband isn't quite in the place at the moment, he offered to do that shopping for me and I really appreciate it. 

This New Years Eve could very well see our kids staying up late and their parents already asleep.

Happy New Year!

Ep

No comments: