Friday, December 3, 2010

I Tried to Avoid it......

but the bug that has been making my family sick, finally found me.  I went to bed with a slight heavy feeling in my chest.  I woke up in the wee hours this morning and that slight heaviness was heavier and I had a sore throat.  So now, I am experiencing what every one else is.   So I'm already thinking about what I need to do to in order for me to rest. 

1. It is actually a grocery shopping weekend, and I do need to go to the store, but this time it'll be for  easily prepared foods and paper plates.  My husband still isn't feeling that great (these things seem to hit the adults much harder) and he won't feel like producing big meals.  So easy meals are the way to go.   Another thing I need to get are paper plates. Normally my son is in charge of the dishes, but he's been sick too, and even though he's feeling better, I don't feel like arguing with him about returning to that job right now. 

2. I need to weigh in at Weight Watchers.  This happens to be the week that they implement their new plan and under normal circumstances, I'd stay for the meeting.  But I'll just weigh in tomorrow and then when I'm feeling better, I'll go to the "get started" or "refresher course" meetings that happen right after a regular one.  I just don't want to sit in a room full of people hacking and coughing and "spreading the cheer".

3.  Pick out some DVD's to watch, make some tea, grab a box of tissues and hang out in my room and not do anything.

No comments: