Monday, June 7, 2010

Where Were You Five Years Ago?

I saw this question posted at "The Joyful Journey" blog so I thought that I'd post my answer to this same question.

Hmmmm....five years ago...my kids were still shorter than me.  My son was 7, and not ready to read (now he literally reads everything...out loud!).  My daughter was still somewhat of a little girl and now she's a teenager starting highschool in the fall.  My husband and I were still in our 30's then as well.

On a more personal note, but with getting into specifics, five years ago,  I was living  with a lot of uncertainty in my life and and wondering, every day, if it would end on a good note or a bad one.  My life  was going in a direction that I hadn't planned on,  and I found myself  feeling like I had been forced onto the scariest, fastest roller-coaster in the amusement park, when I was only in line for the kiddie one.    Everyday, trying to keep things calm and normal for my family while I was being whipped around.     Now, I don't have as much uncertainty, however I deal with a lot more stress than I ever have.   Things have slowly improved, and hopefully, in five years, I can look back and report that things have improved even more (I'm praying that they do anyway).

Check back in 5 years and see! 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Time flies, doesn't it?!?! And it's never more obvious than when we look at our kids! So much changes in 5 years!

I sincerely hope that the next 5 years will bring much peace into your life! Stress and anxiety...not fun!! Hang in there!