Monday, August 22, 2011

Never Too Tired for a Birthday!

Our girl had a birthday recently, however, she was away at summer camp when it happened.  I packed in her bag a present to open and two packages of Oreos to share with her cabinmates (because I wasn't willing to drive 10 hours to deliver homemade cupcakes).   Before she left, she told us that she wanted to open her gifts from us as soon as she came home.  I wasn't so sure that she would be up to doing that after a 10-12 hour bus ride home.  However, when we picked her up, she was hopped up on Mountain Dew and more than ready to tear into gifts!





Presents ready (do you think that she likes pink?).



The tired, yet happy, and caffeinated  camper, ready to open her gifts.



Teenagers never tire of getting money (and it's already spent!).
Her theme this year was "Diary of a Wimpy Kid", and this little stuffed doll was a treasure.




The requested birthday dinner: home made macaroni & cheese and tater tots.  Starchy carbs all the way!!




And for dessert, chocolate cupcakes!!

Then, a few days later, we had our family birthday party:


Even though it was the girl's party, she spent most of the time entertaining two little cousins (which she doesn't mind, and they LOVE her!).



I could not have done this by myself.   After I frosted the cake, my girl scored the Whimpy Kid face onto the cake and I piped the black frosting around it.  It turned out very well!



The birthday girl had help blowing out all of those candles!



Nephew, "B" loves to play with baby dolls.  He and his brother were playing with our dollhouse and furniture (and a few naked Barbies).  B was putting the baby in the crib and then rocking it and singing to it.  Very cute!




Nephew "D" was helping my girl unwrap her presents, including a picture that he drew for him by himself.

The rest of the day included the kids playing on the Wii (during which, my 4 year old nephew stopped briefly and asked "Does everybody want to see my underwear?"), and then my girl and brother-in-law playing on the Wii (which he is now inspired to buy), followed by an attempt at a  4-generation family picture that my nephews and son didn't want to be a part of  (we got them in there anyway though, under much protest).  

Another birthday memory made, and another year to plan for the next one.

Ep

















No comments: