Monday, May 23, 2011

Well...............

I was planning to write about my son's birthday.  He turned 13 last week.  However, I'm in more of a sober frame of mind today.  One of my kids' favorite children's pastors, "Pastor Ron" passed away yesterday, and it just either doesn't seem appropriate to post about a birthday party just yet.

My daughter, has been grieving as any normal person would, there have been several tearful bouts around here.  For my son, this is probably the first time someone that he's felt close to has passed and the idea of what that means, is going to be a slow realization for him (Autism serves as a bubble that keeps him from really understanding these things right away, at least in his case).  Right now, he isn't feeling like he needs to cry, but as he puts it, "I'm just sad in general". 

So, probably in a few days, I'll get back to how we ushered another child into the teen years. 


Ec

No comments: