Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Well I thought that I'd take advantage of the time that the house is quiet to blog again. Kevin and the kids are out in the garage at the moment. Kevin is practicing his drums, Kylin is playing with the model train set, and Heather is videotaping everything that is going on out there. There is also the possibility that a cat or two has joined them and will be in Heather's "movie"

My daughter has a job for next week cat "sitting". The cat will stay in her own house and I'll drive Heather over every day to make sure that she has food and water and that anything needing cleaning up will be taken care of. This is one of those perfect jobs for her as she loves cats!

Yesterday, the kids and I went with my grandma to Shari's restaurant for lunch. I was in the mood for soup and their menu showed this very delicious looking baked potato soup. So I ordered that, without the bacon bits on top (we don't eat meat). The waitress said that there were bacon bits in the soup too. So I switched to the soup of the day which was Wisconsin Cheddar. Well they didn't have that either because they had forgotten to order it and were replacing it with a chicken & dumpling soup. Well that just wouldn't do......so I ordered a veggie omelet with hashbrowns (I still had a potato in some form!). Still having a craving for potato soup, I made a batch when I arrived home. I blended a little sour cream into it too. It was soooooo good! I did eat too much of it, but I got the craving out of my system. I have about a cup of it left, in the freezer.

Tonight, I thought that I'd make chili, which is what Kevin likes. I also chose a cornbread recipe that I hadn't made for my family before. It was called Cheesy Corn Spoon Bread. It was alright. I guess we're used to the Marie Callender's sweet corn bread (really it's more like cake). The chili was declared delicious, the cornbread will take some getting used to. Kylin declared that he liked Marie Callender's cornbread best.

The kids are getting anxious for Thanksgiving to arrive next week. The Macy's parade is something the kids will get up early to watch. Then we'll go to my dad's for dinner. My sister has been telling me that my nephew walks and has started saying a few words. So Thanksgiving at my dad's may have some extra entertainment this year! The kids are also excited about the day after Thanksgiving as that is when we put away the Fall decorations and get out all of the Christmas decor. Kylin has a singing snowman that he's looking forward to seeing again. We usually put fresh batteries in it when we get it out and then let them run out of power. It only takes a few days. While I'm inside with the indoor decorations, Kevin will spend most of the day (and into the evening) putting up the Christmas lights. By Christmas day, aircraft flying overhead will know where we live. :) Maybe next time I blog I can post some pictures of the goings on during "decoration day".

Lp

No comments: